The Physio clinic is located in Unit 4, Tower Shopping Centre, Tower, Blarney, Co. Cork. It is a purpose designed physio clinic with an on site air-conditioned gym and rehab area, three treatment rooms, reception area, private toilet facilities and a large car park. This centre combines the expertise of chartered physiotherapists. Eric Wolfe, Sean McKenna, Breffni O’ Mahony, Damien Murphy and Victor O’ Brien are the principle physiotherapists of the clinic.
Physiotherapy provision at the Cork Therapy Centre is aimed at providing hands-on, evidence based treatment with a thorough approach to biomechanical analysis and future injury prevention by chartered physiotherapists.
Complementary therapies available from the clinic include massage therapy, acupuncture, reflexology, and craniosacral therapy and baby massage classes. Complementary therapies and rehabilitative exercise programmes in the form of Yoga, and Pilates Classes, pre and post natal yoga classes have been integrated into the centre to enhance patient care.
Aims of the clinic
- To reduce pain.
- To restore mobility in the joints.
- To improve flexibility.
- To restore normal movement patterns.
- To educate the patient in relation to posture and work ergonomics.
- To provide sports specific technique analysis to determine causative factors of injury.
- To address issues of muscle imbalance which may be underlying the injury.
- To link up with coaches to co-ordinate training regimes in ones return to sport.
- To assist in rehabilitation of patient post – orthopaedic surgery.