At your Physiotherapy appointment
Subjective assessment will include questions to determine:
- The history of the complaint.
- The intensity, nature and area of pain.
- The medical history to rule out pathology and investigations completed.
- Range of motion testing
- Muscle imbalance testing
- Core strength
- Functional mobility
- Postural analysis in sitting, standing and functionally
- Palpation of ligaments, tendons, joints, neural systems, muscles and fascia.
- In conjunction with co-operation with other team members i.e. the doctor or coach the physiotherapist forms a construct as to the injury and the underlying reason for the above
- The physiotherapist then discusses the plan with the patient to determine
- The number of sessions required
- The rehab required
- Return to sport/work predicted level.
We encourage patients to bring shorts, suitable clothes and trainers when appropriate.